Get Furnace Repair in London Today!
It can be easy to forget about your furnace as it hums unobtrusively in the background. However, like any other equipment or appliance in your home, your furnace will require repairs, maintenance, and cleaning from time to time to ensure it runs smoothly. When you need furnace repair in London, turn to Comfort Zone Services. We have over 2 decades of heating and cooling experience, working on all types of makes and models for brands like Carrier®, Rheem®, Goodman, and York®. Our versatile background allows us to easily adapt to any furnace problems you may have, acting quickly to find a solution that won’t break your budget.
Signs Your Furnace May Need Repairs
The last thing you want to deal with is your furnace shutting down completely in the dead of winter. That’s why it’s important to be on the lookout for certain warning signs. These signs can let you know if you require furnace repair in London:
- Neglect of repairs for over a year – If you haven’t had your furnace inspected in over a year, it’s time to schedule annual maintenance. Scheduling routine maintenance allows you to catch small issues with your furnace before they develop into more serious – and expensive – problems.
- Thumping, scraping, or banging noises – Weirded noises coming from your furnace are usually never a good thing. In fact, it’s one of the clearest signs that your furnace is in need of a repair.
- Weak or cold air flow from vents – A furnace is supposed to keep your home warm. If you begin to feel cold air coming from your vents, or notice a low air flow, it is likely time to get your furnace looked at by a professional.
- Thermostat stops working – If you have to keep turning your thermostat higher and higher to warm your home even a small amount, it’s a clear indicator that something is wrong with your furnace.
- Unexpected rise in utility bill – A furnace that needs repair will likely have to operate a lot harder just to heat the same amount of space at the same temperature. This increased workload will likely raise your energy bill.
- Water pooling around furnace – A furnace can leak two substances: water or gas. While water is the less dangerous of the two, it’s still needs to be fixed as soon as possible.
- Gas smell in the air – A gas leak is a serious issue and you will need to shut down your furnace system immediately, then open it up, and turn off the gas valve. Refrain from turning on any lights in your home or lighting any matches. Your next step is calling a professional HVAC technician for emergency repair.
Tips to Help Prolong the Life of Your Furnace
It can be hard to avoid furnace repair, but London residents can follow a few easy tips to help prolong your furnace’s lifespan. The first tip is to replace the filter monthly. This helps improve the overall air quality of your home. Second, be sure to keep the space around your furnace clean. A clean space will allow your furnace to function properly as well as avoid potential fires. Lastly, schedule routine maintenance and inspections for your furnace. Regular maintenance can help the entire system run more smoothly. When your furnace has to work too hard to operate it can lead to breakdowns.
Contact Comfort Zone Services to book your furnace repairs and maintenance.